Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fishing and other dangerous activities

Yesterday we picked up Lucas from school and went to the beach to eat our lunch. We brought along his fishing pole. Our neighbor happen to also be down there fishing.

As we were eating our PB&J's we spotted a baby seal across the way sunning himself.

He eventually made his way back to the water and took a swim...



...directly over to our neighbor. Lucas immediately headed down to investigate.
"Be careful!" was shouted into the wind.
Our neighbor, Mr. Tom, told Lucas to go get some of his fish bate to feed him. At this point I pondered whether I should continue taking pictures or leap down off the rocks and pull my boy from the jaws of the deranged seal. I guess it's pretty obvious what I decided. I was fairly certain Lucas would chicken out.

Um, that is awful close.

Awful, awful close.

The jaws are open! Drop the fish and run!



Good boy. Another ER visit postponed.






9 comments:

Glenda Conner said...

Oh my word Megan!! And you caught it ALL on camera - way to go!!! That is so cool!

Kelli I. said...

Amazing pictures! Going to the beach for lunch....aaahhhhh, I think we live in the wrong state!

Miss you lots!

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

That was quite the photo opp! Loved it. And what an experience. And why did you think Lucas would chicken out??!!! Going to the beach for lunch - that's the life!

Brooke said...

That is great! I can't believe you were able to hold still and focus on taking pictures. You were more brave than he was, I think. Will his fishing pole fit in his suitcase?

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys get more seals at your beach than we do...

Brave young Lucas never ceases to amaze. :)

The Chatty Housewife said...

Wow, that is so crazy! Is it a sea lion? We mostly just have harbor seals up here, but right now we have stellar sea lions and California sea lions and they are HUGE! What a cool experience for Lucas!

Julia Peel said...

MEGAN!!!!!!!

Mandy said...

Wowzer! Yikes Megan!! I would have probably freaked! This kid is going to give you enough to write a book....I can see it now.. " The Adventures of Lucas and His Pet Seal Ollie" hee hee..

Anonymous said...

Now that was cool! Lucas was cool, his mommy was cool, and the seal was cool! I remember times at the beach when the antics of his daddy or one of his uncles forced trips to the ER. Ah, I think my day for that is over...and it seems like Nate has already forced an ER trip for you. I vote no on motorcycles; just keep having fun!
Tehachapi Grandma