Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Jillster

I love my Jilly but somedays....well, she is 3 and she likes to talk, especially in the car when the music is playing loudly enough to make everyone happy and the baby is squawking and I'm trying to mentally recreate the list I left on the kitchen counter. This is how our conversations have been going lately...

Jill: "Can you go fast with your shoes off?"

Me: Uhhhh, "Yes."

Jill: "How come?"

Me: Uhhhh, "Because."

Jill: "You can't go any faster than the speed limit, right? Cause you'll get a ticket"

Me: "Yes, that is right."

Jill: "But you can still go fast?"

Me: "As long as you don't go too fast."

Jill: "Well, why do you want to take your shoes off?"

Me: ahhhhh!!! Breath deep, she means no harm. "Mommy needs to drive now so no more talking until we get to Costco."

Jill: "What?"

Me, louder: "Let's be quiet until we get there."

Jill: "What?"

I'll spare you my reply that I'm sure she heard loud and clear.

Like I said, I do love my Jilly. She IS the sweetest. Just look at her! How could I ever get frustrated with a kidlet with a face like that?

4 comments:

Glenda Conner said...

I completely understand - but no guarantees it changes any as they get older ;)

CrumleyCrew said...

Megan, that sounds very much like the car ride I had yesterday with Casey. I dont understand how they can hear you open a bag of chips when they are outside but cannot seem to hear you when they are right next to you and you ask them to do something. Must be the 3/4 year old age.

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

WEll, that made my day, along with Lenae's comment...!!! It is funny, but I am sure a daily dose could get tiring...but keep posting these conversations cause I enjoy them!

Mandy said...

It must be a certain type of kiddo ... cause sometimes I could just scream as Brock follows me around chatting! And yet other times I could just squish him for all of his cute little comments. Maybe we need to put them on the phone to each other!