Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

Having company is a hoot...and then they leave and suddenly the house is too big, too empty, the kids are too needy, the towels are all dirty, and my pants are tighter than one week of pregnancy can account for. But this morning I went for a walk, continued the laundry that Nathan started yesterday, put all those blasted cookies in the outside freezer (as if that will help), hung a wreath on the front door and sat down for a good 20 minute snuggle on the couch with little Miss Jill (Is there anything better than talking with a two-year old?). The post-company blues are fading away and I'm left with good memories of a week of family fun. Because of Jesus there is so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season and all year long.


Dad and Mom and Alan and Heather and kids made the trek down to San Diego this year. We spent most of the time in full vacation mode (sat around) but the boys did work on my laundry room counter project which I'm loving! Thank you again! (Nathan got some of the tile work done on the backsplash on Saturday - I'll post pictures when it is all done).



Jill and Teddy were so sweet together! They played together non-stop. All week long we could hear them giggling off by themselves. Terrible two's is a myth. Five-year-olds however...now that can be a different story. ;)

4 comments:

Glenda Conner said...

Such adorable pictures,and your house looks beautiful - love the floor tile!

The Chatty Housewife said...

Those photos are great!

I definitely want to see photos of your counter, because I dream of one! I need a counter!

Brooke said...

Okay, so I had forced myself into not thinking about being there until I could pretend I was indifferent to it all. But now, looking at all the pictures I could cry seeing all that we missed out on : ( Especially since we have NO plans to get all of us together in the forseeable future. So sad. BUT I am so glad you all had such a nice time. And thanks for the lovely post : )

Mike, Alice, and Hank the DOG said...

Such adorable kids and parents and they are mine,mine,mine!Happy to be their aunty. I like the pictures of the sunset on the water - at least I guess that was what it was. Good photos.